On Sunday, October 23, 2022, we are celebrating our 100th Anniversary, and we hope you can join us! We will begin with a Service of Thanksgiving for 100 (and 2) years of Ministry and Mission, followed by a light luncheon. Please let us know if you will be coming, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the 2020 preparations to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of rebuilding the church, several projects were carried out to update our church to make it more beautiful and inviting. These projects were planned before Covid-19 restrictions took hold, but completed during the summer while respecting the health and safety of all. These include:
- Memorial Window: installed above the main entrance door and accompanied by a memorial plaque in the vestibule. We are grateful for the memorial donations that made this possible;
- Painting: using a new colour scheme the sanctuary, nave, vestry and vestibule, are looking crisp and inviting;
- Nave: by reducing the number of pews and making a minor reorientation we improved the focus on the altar;
- Audio System: a new mixer and microphones for the lectern and the pulpit provide enhanced audio; and
- Flooring: where necessary we Improved and replacing the floor coverings.
We are planning a big celebration with the community for our 100th anniversary, when we are safely able to gather and make merry!
The ACW group created a Memory Book, which all members of St. Philip’s church, past and present, could contribute to and take part in. People were asked to send in stories and memories that were special to them. The project grew and grew and we are now pleased to offer the 2020 Memory Book for your enjoyment!